PPRI News No 108 – April-September 2016
First release of Gall Rust Fungus on stinkbean in South Africa * Expertise at biosystematics division contributes to review of soil biota * Tomato leaf minor threatens tomato production * A collaborative survey of Karoo biodiversity * Biosystematics division promotes science *
PPRI News No.107 - January-March 2016
* The incorporation of a world renowned collection into the National Collection of Fungi. * Management of Verticillium wilt of tomatoes. * ARC – Russian collaboration on eriophyoid mites * Bacterial pathogens of onion seed.
PPRI News No. 106 - October - December 2015
* Approval granted for the release of Recchia parvula as a biological control agent of Chromolaena odorata in South Africa * Aphid pest arrives on oak trees in South Africa * S.A joins international collaboration on management of Parthenium hysterophorus in East Africa using biological control.
PPRI News No. 105 - July - September 2015
* The National Collection of Fungi celebrates its 110th anniversary: Research in progress to control small round-leaved prickly pear * New species of bee described from South Africa: An update on post release evaluation of the biological control of Acacia longifolia and A. pycnantha in South Africa * Scientific meetings: Visits and personnel.
PPRI News No. 104 - April - June 2015
* Release of a leaf-mining fly, Pseudonapomyza sp. on yellow bells (Tecoma stans) in South Africa * Promotion of taxonomy as a scarce skill to Green Career Excursion students * Congratulations to Dr Pholoshi A. Maake for obtaining his Doctoral Degree * Workshop and training.
PPRI News No. 103 - January - March 2015
* ARC-PPRI scientist receives award: Biosystematics (Red listing of South African Spider Species, new appointments and farewell on biosystematics) * Pesticide science * Plant microbiology * Weed research * Technology transfer.
PPRI News No. 102 - October - December 2014
* Cochineal biotype * International Workshop on Biological Control and Management of Parthenium hysterophorus * Zygogramma bicolorata agents on Parthenium hysterophorus.
PPRI News No. 101 - July - September 2014
* Grapevine leafroll disease (GLD) * Pareuchaetes insulate * Chromolaena odorata * Pareuchaetes insulate * Acacia longifolia (Andr.) Willd * Acacia pycnantha Benth.
PPRI News No. 100 - April - June 2014
* Why implementation is important for the biological control of Hakea sericea in South Africa * Progress on the releases of the yellow bells lady beetle (Tecoma Stans) in South Africa.
PPRI News No. 99 - January - March 2014
* Biological control of hydrilla in South Africa * International Symposium hosted by South Africa for weed biological control.